CINCO EXPRESIONES EN INGLÉS / FIVE EXPRESSIONS IN ENGLISH AND THEIR MEANINGS (1)





1. ONCE IN A BLUE MOON 

«De Pascuas a Ramos». «De higos a brevas»

She visits his father once in a blue moon.

He only comes once in a blue moon.


2. UNDER THE WEATHER 

«Estar pachucho».

I felt a bit under the weather due to fever.

She is feeling under the weather


3. THE LAST STRAW 

«La gota que colmó el vaso».

The last straw was when she embarrased me in public.

Losing my money was bad, but being fired from my job was the last straw


4. A PIECE OF CAKE

«Pan comido, tirado, muy fácil».

The exam was a piece of cake

Learning English may be a piece of cake.


5. SPILL THE BEANS

«Descubrir el pastel».

You have spilled the beans about my secret love.

It was pretty clear that someone had spilled the beans to my parents.





Comentarios